by Mirza Ghalib
I will not cry for satisfaction if I could get my choice,
Among the divine beautiful virgins of heaven, I want only you.
After killing me, do not bury me in your street,
Why should people know your home address with my reference.
Be chivalrous for you are the wine bearer (beloved) , or else I
use to drink as much wine as I get every night.
I have no business with you but O! dear friend,
Convey my regards to the postman if you see him,(to remind him that he has to deliver my message to my beloved) .
I will show you what Majnoo (Hero of the famous Arabic love tale, Layla Majnoo) did,
If I could spare some time of my inner grief.
I am not bound to follow the directions given by Khizar (A prophet who is believed to be still alive and guide the people, who have lost their way, to the right path) ,
I accept that he remained my companion during my journey.
O! The inhabitants of the street of my beloved see
if you could find the insane poet Ghalib there some where.
- divine:You use divine to describe something that is provided by or relates to a god or godness.
- virgin:A virgin is someone,especially a woman or girl,who has never had sex.
- chivalrous:A chivalrous man is polite ,kind,and unselfish,especially towards women.
- beloved:A beloved person,thing,or place is one that you feel great affection for.
- inhabitant:A inhabitant of a place are the people who live there.
- insane:Someone who is insane is severely mentally ill.
Hope you enjoy(‾◡◝)